Come join our team at Bloomfire, one of Austin’s Best Places to Work! As an operations engineer, you will be a valuable partner in crafting solutions and ensuring the reliability and maintainability of our application and its infrastructure. At Bloomfire, we value the diverse strengths and experience each team member brings, and we love working together each and every day. We are looking for individuals who are creative, resourceful, and collaborative.
We are searching for a person who will enjoy our unique, close-knit culture. You will work most closely with team members from product, QA, and development, and as part of a smaller company, you will have many opportunities to help shape key decisions and bring your varied skills to the entire team.
- Find elegant solutions to customer needs, as raised by Product & Client Success
- Own, maintain, and enhance the provisioning and infrastructure code
- Administrate AWS resources and services, providing leadership and innovation to continuously improve the reliability and flexibility of our infrastructure
- Triage, diagnose, and improve systems issues to ensure maximal uptime and stability
- Ensure redundancy and disaster recovery
- Create and customize monitors and dashboards so that problems can be identified and resolved as soon as possible.
- Collaborate with the entire team on big picture product & architecture decisions
- Proficiency in Linux administration
- Proficiency in AWS technologies (e.g. EC2, S3, RDS, Route53, & CloudFront)
- Proficiency in complex, multi-tenant web applications
- Familiarity with relational databases & SQL
- Passion for learning with conviction to not reinvent the wheel
- Commitment to keeping infrastructure organized & optimized
To really stand out, you have experience or knowledge of
- Ruby (or similar scripting language like Python)
Benefits for you (among others)
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy (seriously)
- 401(k) so that you can save for retirement
- Access to onsite gym (at no charge)
- Pantry full of healthy snacks
- Free company lunch every Friday
- Convenient location near the Hike and Bike Trail at Lady Bird Lake (go for a quick walk or run during lunch)
Please submit your resume or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bloomfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bloomfire does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.