Come join our team at Bloomfire, one of Austin’s Best Places to Work! As a senior software engineer, you will be an essential partner in crafting solutions and delivering quality features for our wonderful customer base. At Bloomfire, we value the diverse strengths and experience each team member brings, and we love working together each and every day. We are looking for individuals who are creative, resourceful, and collaborative.
We are searching for a person who will enjoy our unique, close-knit culture. You will work most closely with team members from product, QA, and development, and as part of a smaller company, you will have many opportunities to help shape key decisions and bring your varied skills to the entire team.
- Implement elegant solutions to customer needs by developing (REST) API endpoints, supporting models, and service objects
- Plan, develop, and execute data schema changes without downtime
- Analyze the performance of back-end requests (API, database, search, etc) and optimize where needed (e.g. address the N+1 problem)
- Develop background jobs, services, and integrations
- Innovate and exemplify a culture of curiosity and exploration
- Mentor the rest of the engineering team and provide leadership
- Collaborate with the entire team on big picture product & architecture decisions
- Proficiency in Ruby & Ruby on Rails
- Proficiency in complex, multi-tenant web applications
- Proficiency in relational databases & SQL
- Proficiency with REST API
- Passion for learning – with conviction to not reinvent the wheel
To really stand out, you have experience or knowledge of
Benefits for you (among others)
- Competitive salary
- Health, vision, and dental benefits
- Unlimited vacation policy (seriously)
- 401(k) so that you can save for retirement
- Access to onsite gym (at no charge)
- Pantry full of healthy snacks
- Free company lunch every Friday
- Convenient location near the Hike and Bike Trail at Lady Bird Lake (go for a quick walk or run during lunch)
Please submit your resume or LinkedIn profile to firstname.lastname@example.org. Bloomfire is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Bloomfire does not discriminate against any applicant for employment because of age, gender, sexual orientation, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, or disability.
We recognize that in most organizations, knowledge is siloed. Information sits unshared on servers & laptops across the organization – and in the minds of the people that are a part of it. Bloomfire exists to organize knowledge and expertise and make it accessible and shareable with the people that need it most. Our easy-to-use, cloud-based software is used by hundreds of thousands of employees at leading companies for social learning, customer service, sales & marketing alignment. With Bloomfire, collaboration is easier, work gets done more efficiently, and employees and customers are more satisfied. Bloomfire was ranked one of Austin’s Best Places to Work by the Austin Business Journal in 2018. Bloomfire is headquartered in downtown Austin, Texas.